End of year reflection animation

    My year in animation has been another good one. We had lots of fun and engaging products, and in this post I will be going over them and the strengths and weaknesses of each as well as a bit of the process.
    The first project We worked on was an introduction to storyboarding in different forms, and how to tell a story using minimalism. Overall it was a fun project and it allowed me to fall back into the groove of animation. It was an easy project and the only weakness I would say is the soundtrack

    The second project we worked on was our own choice. I chose to make a rotary scary story. I basically came up with an idea and storyboarded it. Then I went out and filmed the scenes using a camera From there I put it into photoshop and drew it from by frame, while changing the items that I wanted changed in the scene. I liked how it came out in the end, however it was not my favorite and that is due to a couple reasons. First, the background is to still, I should have spent more time and made two images that switch to add motion to that. As well as the quality, If I would have spent more time on audio it would have been a lot better. Also should have spent more time on the blinking at the end.



    The next project ended up being a rotary project as well. So I decided to elevate the last one by adding color. It was challenging with the color aspect, as there was a lot more thought that went into it, especially style wise. It was a fun project and my strength in it was the color in the end, how it felt stylized, yet you can tell what it is. Especially with the headlight beams. My weakness was the loop. The loop wasn't smooth enough and I need to work on a better transition.



    The next project that we did was an reintroduction to 3D animation. We used lines and keyframes ignorer to make an object move in a pattern. 3D animation is not my strongpoint so its something I need to work on. I made a shark that goes by the screen then re appears and seemingly eats the camera. I enjoyed the creation of the shark and the process. I need to work on my modeling skills, as well as the flow and movement of the shark, but I thought it was fun and came together in the end for a nice re-introduction.



    Imagine was soon upon the horizon which brings us to the next project. For my E-magine project I did a dinosaur coming up on the screen and roaring .  For the project I tried to focus on the movement and make it look believable as well as artistic. I like the look of it and the outcome ; however, there could be some major improvements. I should have made a bigger profile, adding the whole body and animating that as well. I could have also worked on sound better as well as the movement of the head while is roaring.



    The final project We did was a children's show. I did the whale texture as well as the background for it. Someone was supposed to finish it, however they never did, and they also controlled the files so I never got o see the final project. Overall it was cool to texture and everything, but I wish I could have seen the final product.
     Overall it was a fun year with lots of experimenting. This year I focused more on experimentation and going out of my comfort zone, and next year I plan to take what I have learned and make projects that show true precision and planning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spooky Skeleton